Professor Xiaolin Wu has published more than 100 papers in authoritative journals including Journal of Urban Affairs (SSCI), Asian Survey (SSCI), Accident Analysis and Prevention (SSCI, JCR Q1), “CASS Journal of Political Science”, “Chinese Public Administration”, “Journal of Public Management”. He also has published 3 books and more than 100 current political commentaries in “People's Daily”,, etc. In addition, several political consultation reports written by him have been approved by the central leaders. The detailed research achievements in recent years are as follows:
1. Policy Transition from Gated Community to Block System: Situation Study and Reform Approaches,China City Planning Review，2016（12）.
2. How are Community Governance Structures Newly Formed in Urban China?,Asian Survey (SSCI),2018(4).
3. Xiaolin Wu, Jieren Hu*and Yongmei Li, Multiscalar Institutional Complicity: Entrepreneurial City in China's National New Area, China: An International Journal (SSCI), 2020 (3).
4. Xiaolin Wu, lin Ye* and Xuelei Zhang, How Community Mobilization Mediates Conflict Escalation under Increasing Right Recognition? Evidence from three Chinese cities, Journal of Urban Affairs (SSCI), 2019(8).
5. Gated Communities and Market-dominated Governance in Urban China, Journal of Urban Planning and Development (SSCI), 2020(3).
6. Unsafe riding behaviors of shared-bicycle riders in urban China: A retrospective survey, Accident Analysis & Prevention (SSCI), 131(2019)1–7.
7. A Questionnaire Survey on Road Rage and Anger-Provoking Situations in China,Accident Analysis & Prevention (SSCI), 2018（1）.
8. How the Newly-built State transformed the old society?——The Mechanical Political Integration Policy and its Impacts in Mainland China, Journal of Cambridge Studies,2013(1).
9. Theoretical Investigation of Foreign Community Governance Research Since the "Community Revival Movement", CASS Journal of Political Science (CSSCI), 2015(1).
10. Structure Still Works: A Structure—Process Analysis Pattern towards Political Society Study, CASS Journal of Political Science (CSSCI), 2017(2).
11. The Road to The Community: The “Conditional Theory”of Marxist Political Development View, CASS Journal of Political Science (CSSCI), 2019(4).
12. State in Community: Studying the Transformation of the State Behavior with the Strong Defense of the Liberal Philosophy—Taking Practices in UK and USA as Examples, CASS Journal of Political Science (CSSCI), 2022(1).
13. The New Structural Analysis Path of Politics—Retrospection and Development of Marxist Structural Analysis, Fudan Journal(Social Sciences Edition) (CSSCI), 2020(2).
14. How did Scholars Research Community Governance in Taiwan China, Chinese Public Administration (CSSCI), 2015(8).
15. Home Owners Rights-defending Conflicts and Governance in Urban China: A Survey 9 Major Cities, Chinese Public Administration (CSSCI), 2016(10).
16. The Theory, Practice and Risk of the Neoliberalism Urban Governance, Chinese Public Administration (CSSCI), 2017(9).
17. The City within a City: Space Production and Governance Risks of Large Communities, Chinese Public Administration (CSSCI), 2018(9).
18. Integration of Governance Power, Gravity Down of Services and Selective Participation: The Form of “Poli-community Complexity” of Urban Community Governance in China, Chinese Public Administration (CSSCI), 2018(9).
19. The state initiates and regulates society: “Bridging Mechanism” for the Transformation of Urban Grassroots Governance in China—A Case Study of Community Governance Reform in Wuhou District, Chengdu, Chinese Public Administration (CSSCI), 2020(5).
20. The Urban Community Governance Structure and its De－agency Logic：A Survey from Taipei, Journal of Public Management(CSSCI)，2015(1).
21. A Review on Studies on Chinese Urban Community Construction (2000-2010) —Taking Papers in CSSCI Journals as the Main Object, Journal of Public Management(CSSCI)，2012(1).
22. Fuzzy Administration: An Explanation for the Admistrative System of the State-level New Area, Journal of Public Management(CSSCI)，2017(4). It was reproduced by “China Social Science Excellence” in 2018(03).
23. Breaking the Tonnies Myth: The Construction and Theoretical Justification of the Community Concept in Western World, Fudan Journal(Social Sciences Edition) (CSSCI), 2022(1).
1. Xiaolin Wu. Understanding Community Governance in China: The Linkage of The State, Society, and The Family, China Social Sciences Press, Beijing, 2020.12.
2. Xiaolin Wu. Politics of Housing Rights: Homeowners United Right-Protecting Action in Urban China, Central Compilation & Translation Press, Beijing, 2016.09.
3. Xiaolin Wu. Class Differentiation and Political Integration in The Process of Modernization, Tianjin People's Publishing House, 2012.