Single-Certificate MPA (Master of Public Administration)
1. Credit system. In principal, single certificate MPA must get 40 credits, including 21 credits of core courses, 10 credits of direction compulsory courses, 6 credits of electives, 2 credits of brand courses and 1 of social practice. Once getting enough credits, the student can start thesis writing. Those who have successfully defended their dissertations will be conferred the master’s degree of public administration.
2. The general length of schooling is 2.5 years with flexible educational system, while the longest school time is not allowed to exceed 5 years. The training model is divided into daily class and centralized class. Students in daily class study on every weekend, while students in centralized class use 2 weeks intensively study every semester.
3. The training process adopts duo-tutorial system. The teaching tutor guides the graduation thesis writing while the practice tutor guides the social practice.
4. Thesis process management. First, the MPA Education Center have strict requirement on the selection and opening topic of the thesis. Those who not meet the requirement are not allowed to pass through.
Secondly, execute the thesis tutor responsibility system and define the tutor responsibility in guiding the dissertation all the while.
Thirdly, adopt anonymous assessment system. After tutors signing the approval, the MPA Education Center arranges the anonymous assessment pursuing by the practical tutor and our school teachers. Those who pass the assessment will enter the defense.
Finally, execute tutor withdraw system. There is at least one extramural tutor participating in each defense group. Tutor can’t attend the group where his guide students in.
The courses are set up on the basis of the first-degree subjects. Students take core courses first, and then choose a group of professional Direction compulsory courses and electives according to the teaching requirement.
1. Core courses (8 courses, all the MPA must attend)
Brand courses: ruling 101, Zhou Enlai Government Administration Theory and Practice
A01 Socialism Construction Theory and Practice;
A02 Foreign Language;
A04 Public Administration;
A05 Public Economics;
A06 Public Policy Analysis;
A07 Social Research Methods
2. Professional Direction Compulsory Courses (5 courses, each MPA select all the courses of one direction, every direction compulsory course can be other direction’s electives simultaneously)
(1) Government Administration
B101 the Governmental Processes of Contemporary China
B102 Social Transformation and Government Development
B103 Government Organization Behavior and Organization Management
B104 Government Human Resource Development and Management
B105 Methods of Government Leadership
(2) Public Policy
B201 Policy Theory
B202 the Economic Analysis of Public Policy
B203 the Policy and Organization Analysis of Public Policy
B204 Public Project Evaluation
B205 Information Technology and Application
(3) Organization and Human Resource Management
B301 Human Resource Development and Management in Public Department
B302 Modern Organization Theory
B303 Leadership in Organization
B304 the Governmental Processes of Contemporary China
B305 Administrative Law
(4) Social Policy and Social Security
B401 Theory and Practice of Contemporary Social Policy
B402 Comparative Social Security
B403 Contemporary Social Welfare Theory
B404 Theory and Practice of the National Social Security Innovation
B405 Advanced Practice of Social Research
(5) Educational Economics and Management
B501 the Principle of Education
B502 Education Management
B503 Educational Economics
B504 Educational Psychology
B505 Educational System and Policy
(6) Urban Management
B601 Urban Economics: Theory and practice
B602 Urban Planning and Development
B603 Urban Social Management
B604 Urban Finance Management
B605 Contemporary Urban Governance
3 courses, each MPA can choose compulsory courses of other directions as electives according to his select direction.
Currently, there are 56 electives to choose, which are divided into Public Management, Public Policy and Social Policy subjects.
Double-Certificate MPA (Master of Public Administration)
Training Objective: It aims to foster the comprehensive applied personnel for government and public organizations in public management and public policy fields, who have both ability and political integrity meeting the needs of modernization. MPA master is asked to systematically grasp basic theories and professional knowledge in public management and other relevant subjects, understand the frontier of public management, master a foreign language adroitly, can utilize research methods in social sciences with technology and tools in public management analysis, and possess practical abilities in policy analysis and public management scientifically and specifically.
Training Model:full-time without block release
Length of Schooling: 2~3 years
Major Direction:Government Regulatory, Public Policy, Organization and Human Resource Management, Urban Management